Developing hardware can be a daunting task, but we have connections throughout the industry to make the process easier for young startups. By entering the program, startups will receive guidance, connections and will be part of a like-minded community of Sigfox makers. The program is open to startups younger than three years that raised less than €2 million in funding and are interested in building Sigfox-enabled products.
Program participants will receive
• VT Networks will provide free network subscriptions and access to the Sigfox backend in order to build and test your devices
• Access to the Sigfox Slack community, where developers trade technical questions and answers about the technology, and creating products
• Access to Sigfox Academy, an online resource that provides information on technical issues around developing a Sigfox product
• A consultation with a Sigfox developer to identify the areas you require support, and further one-on-one assistance when needed
• €2500 for Sigfox certification is waived in exchange for completed devices, which will be used to showcase your product to Sigfox Network Operators around the globe
• Two free hotdesks at DCU Alpha for three months, including wifi
• Flex Cork will provide low to medium volume manufacturing for select startups, as well as talks on:
-New Product Introduction (NPI) process and launch experience
-IoT sensors and their future business potential
-Manufacturing capability/design reviews/box builds
-Testing, including PCBA and final product testing
-Pack out and fulfillment
-Reverse logistics and repair capabilities
• Your device will be showcased to network operators across the globe, including France, Spain, the United Kingdom, Brazil and more
• Receive the Sigfox Startup technical newsletter and invites to local Makers’ Tours and hackathons, which include free hardware
How do I join?
Make sure you meet the criteria to join the startup program.
Email email@example.com or call +353 (0)1 532 8958 with info about your startup.
Wait for approval, then get started and reap the benefits of joining the startup program!