Who we are?
VT is the exclusive operator of the Sigfox technology in Ireland. Sigfox is the world’s leading IoT (Internet of Things) communications technology for simple objects sensors and ‘things’ that need to connect to the cloud.
We’ve rolled out Irelands first dedicated low power IoT network that covers the entire country. We are part of an eco-system that spans over 50 countries (all powered by Sigfox).
We also have an IoT Solutions division that helps delivery turn key IoT solutions (hardware + software + connectivity) to the B2B and B2C market. This covers everything from asset tracking solutions to home security.
We’re leading the low power IoT revolution in Ireland. We already have over 200,000 contracted connections on our network. Last year that equaled 33% of the total number of traditional M2M cellular connections from Vodafone, Eir and Three. Watch out- were growing fast! Every person on our small team has a significant role to play in our success, which means there’s real potential for our employees to grow as we grow.
What’s the opportunity?
It’s an exciting time to join VT as we are starting to scale rapidly. We pride ourselves on our customer and network support. We are looking for a skilled support specialist to join the team and have this focus. We are also looking to expend our network infrastructure and the IoT support specialist will play a key role in supporting this.
The IoT specialist is responsible for supporting customers and internal operations. In a start-up these are critical roles and you will have a real impact from day one: providing solutions support for customers, providing Sigfox network support for customers, acting as a bridge for developers, dealing with inbound email & phone queries and supporting rollout of additional network infrastructure. Project management will also be an important skill.
You will also help shape the operational strategy of the company as it develops.
- Provide comprehensive customer support by communicating efficiently and effectively with our customers
- Handle all inbound communications with customers (phone, website & email). Attract potential customers by answering product and service questions
- Develop in-depth knowledge about the Sigfox technology – what it can do, how it works and how it can help our customers
- Develop in-depth knowledge about the turn key IoT solutions we sell – what they can do, how they work and how they can help our customers
- Resolve customer problems and ensure that customers complete the experience more informed, or more satisfied, than when they started
- Influence the direction of our IoT solutions business – identify issues and intelligently analyze the diverse feedback from users
- Project manage customer deployments.
- Support the deployment of more network infrastructure (site planning, submitting method statements, understanding some radio planning (no prior experience required)
- Doing occasional blog posts on the website and posting interesting content our social media platforms (mainly LinkedIn & Twitter)
What do we need from you?
Excellent, articulate communicator:
- Fluent in English – excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain complex topics in easy-to-understand, concise language
- Ability to understand the technology and underlaying solutions in order to help others and provide support.
Customer-centric, problem solving mindset:
- Enjoy helping people
- Experience in delivering customer service, communications or similar
- Great problem-solving abilities
Organised, self-motivated, team player:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with customers, internal staff and the management team.
- Ability to work independently
- Project management skills
- Exceptional time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- An ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
Have the initiative to introduce new concepts and ideas to the management team to improve our customers’ service and operational efficiencies.
- Proficiency in structuring emails and communications properly, creating industry standard documents & proposals, , using the MS Office suite
The bonus attributes:
- Experience in delivering customer support specifically for technology and software products
- Experience with WordPress for website blogging
- Project management experience
Initially you will start with a structured induction programme, which will introduce you to the role, VT and the company’s products and services. You’ll also be given some training on specific network administration techniques and some basic sales methods.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- 21 days annual leave.
- Small company with high growth potential for employees
- Full training will be provided about the technology and support systems in place to manage it. You don’t need any specific experience relating to this technology.
- Professional development with training tailored to the needs of your role
- Excellent location with modern, top-spec office and infrastructure
- We go on staff outings a couple of times a year to let the hair down!
Monday to Friday, 9am-5:30pm
DCU Alpha, Old Finglas Road, Glasnevin, D11
Are you interested?
If you’re interested, please send your CV to email@example.com with “IOT Specialist” in the subject line, along with a covering message explaining why you should get this role.